Monday, September 8, 2008

Trek 2008

Bright and early on July 31, 2008 we left our stake center, clean and pretty smelling in our new pioneer clothes. My mom dropped us off but when she realized that I didn't have my sunglasses she ran home and got them for me. It is good to have a mom who loves you. Lynn and the kids from our ward rode on the bus while I drove with Jennifer Olsen, our YW president in the service vehicle, I've had my share of school buses. We had some terrific experiences and a great family. We love
our Ma and Pa, Mary and Logan Hammer. We really appreciate all the things they did for us (because we are old and feeble). We do have a list of things we will do differently if we have to go again. Our knees are not what they used to be. My favorite thing spiritual experience happened one night just as we had settled down to bed. We were so tired we could not even talk. We heard the sweet melody of "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing" played on a violin in the dark. Tears came to my eyes
as the tune switched to "Come, Come Ye Saints." What a blessing it was to be with people I loved and wanted to see make it to the end of the trail. The trip was hard and I felt like crying every minute, but I will never regret having this chance to feel like my ancestors coming across the plains. I know they chose to come because they had a testimony of the Book of Mormon. I to have that testimony and I am grateful to my Heavenly Father for the gospel. I love the youth of our stake and our
ward who shared this experience with us. I don't even mind how stinky we all were when we got back. I think Lynn looked good as a cowboy.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: